Step 3 – How To Light A Wood Burning Stove
1) Place the firelighters and dry kindling in the fire box. There are two methods; place the firelighter and then form a wigwam over the lighter using lots of kindling. Or make a ‘Jenga’ tower with 8 pieces of kindling and then place the fire lighter on top.
2) Ensure that all the air controls are opened fully.
3) Light firelighter in a few places to make sure the fire burns evenly.
4) Leave the door open slightly for a few minutes to help the combustion and to heat up the firebox more quickly.
5) When the kindling wood is burning well, add a few small logs above the flames and close the door but keep the air controls open still.
6) After about 20 minutes or so, when there is a good glowing fire, adjust the air control. Add more wood when required. The wood will start to burn slower but more efficiently at this point.